Look at that golden, crispy outer layer. How did I get this? I drizzled olive oil onto the meat and rubbed in a generous amount of McCormick Chipotle & Roasted Garlic Seasoning.
What Air Fryer Is Best To Cook Pork Chops?
Lately, I’ve been developing a ton of new air fryer recipes using the Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer Oven.
Ever since I bought this air fryer I’ve been using my oven as extra storage!
I love this air fryer because it has two trays instead of an air fryer basket. This gives you extra space to cook pork chops. I was able to fry four chops at once! Just remember to rotate the trays. See the tips below.
Not convinced about the extra air fryer space? Check out this air fryer chicken recipe I made. I fit a whole 5-pound-chicken in there. And, let me tell you, it had crispy rotisserie skin with tender, juicy meat.
There’s also a window on the door and a light button so you can sneak a peak at your food as it’s frying. This way you don’t have to constantly open the door to see if you need to rotate the trays. Bonus!
You can easily whip up this simple and tasty pork chop recipe on a weeknight as it only takes 10-12 minutes cook time.
Tips For Making Pork Chops In Air Fryer
Tip 1: Cooking Time Varies
The cooking time varies based on the thickness and cut of the pork and the air fryer model. It’s best to check the pork at 10 minutes with a meat thermometer to see if it’s done.
Tip 2: Don’t Skip The Olive Oil
It’s very easy for pork chops to be overcooked and dry. Rubbing a thin layer of olive oil onto the meat helps keep it moist in the air fryer. It also helps give a golden brown crust. You just need a little bit, so don’t go overboard with the olive oil! Plus, it helps the seasoning stay on the meat.
Tip 3: Give Your Pork Chops Some Space
Don’t stack the pork chops on top of one another otherwise you won’t get an even golden crust and the meat won’t cook as well.
Tip 4: Best Tray Positions
For faster cooking time, place one tray on the top rack and one on the middle. Then, halfway through the cooking time, rotate the trays. When I initially tested the recipe, I utilized the bottom two tray positions and it took much longer to cook. Just be careful because the top rack is closest to the burner element and it will over cook if you don’t watch it.
Tip 5: IMPORTANT - Double Check The Cooking Time After You Put The Trays In The Air Fryer
I like to reset the cooking time after I add food to the air fryer. Why? The air fryer immediately starts counting down the cooking time when it’s finished preheating. Since I’m usually multitasking in the kitchen and I’m not tether to the air fryer, countless times I've missed the beeping sound signaling that the preheating is done. So, by the time I put the food in the air fryer the countdown has already started.
Tip 6: Work Quickly And Carefully When Rotating the Tray And Meat
Every time you open the air fryer door it has to preheat, which takes several minutes (depending on how long the door is open). These extra few minutes gets added onto the remaining cooking time, so your food might get overcooked. If in doubt, check the pork chops throughout with a meat thermometer to ensure it’s not overcooked or undercooked.
What Are The Best Pork Chops For Air Frying?
I prefer thin, centre-cut pork chops with the bone-in. I find that this cut has nice marbling so the meat stays moist in the air fryer. It also cooks faster. You can also use boneless pork chops, but I find it’s not as tasty compared to bone-in.
How Long To Cook Air Fryer Pork Chops?
The cooking temperature varies based on the air fryer model, the cut of meat, and recipe variations (like how many pork chops you’re cooking at once).
- pork chops that are thin will cook faster than thick chops
- boneless chops will cook faster compared to bone-in
- cooking 2 pork chops will cook faster than cooking 4 at once
When it comes to cooking time, here’s some helpful tips,
don’t overcrowd the tray or basket
cover it with a bit of oil to keep the meat moist
frequently check the internal temperature sooner rather than later
Equipment To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops (No Breading)
WATCH MY AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS VIDEO
Easy Air Fryer Whole Chicken with juicy, crispy skin.
Tasty Instant Pot Beef Stew with mouthwatering beef and tender veggies.
SUBSCRIBE To my newsletter
- 4 pork chops thin, centre cut bone-in
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp McCormick Chipotle & Roasted Garlic Seasoning
- Prep the pork chops. Rinse pork chops and pat dry using paper towel. Brush oil on both sides using a silicone brush. Cover both sides with McCormick Chipotle & Roasted Garlic Seasoning. Gently pat the seasoning into the meat.
- Place 2 pork chops on each air fryer tray. Do not stack the meat. When the air fryer is done preheating, place one tray on the top rack and the other tray on the middle rack. (See tips).
- Preheat the Instant Vortex Air Fryer Oven. Put the drip pan on the bottom. Press the air fryer setting, adjust cooking temperature to 375°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Add pork chops to the air fryer. Add the trays to the top and middle racks. Reset the cooking time if needed (See tips).
- At the midway point, flip the pork chops and rotate the trays. Use tongs for this step.
- At 10 minutes, check the pork chops with a meat thermometer. For medium to well done chops, the internal temperature is 155-160°F. If it’s not done, add it back to the air fryer until done.
- Remove pork chops and recheck the temperature. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.