This Halloween pizza is topped with eerie witch fingers for a spooky look! The best part is that it only takes 15 minutes to prepare. All you need is a premade frozen cheese pizza, red pepper, green pepper, and black olives.
Why this recipe works
- You only need 4 simple ingredients and a cookie cutter to make this spooky pizza filled with Witch fingers
- Speedy recipe since I’m using a frozen cheese pizza
- Perfect appetizer or main for your Halloween buffet table
- Easily customize this recipe: add pepperoni, bacon, sausage, pineapples, or other toppingsFinger food is easier to serve at your next Halloween party
You can click on the links below to jump straight to the section you need.
Since you’re here, you might like my other Halloween recipes and ideas! I’ve got plenty of ghoulish inspiration for your Halloween and October menus.
You can make a few of these pizzas for a kids’ Halloween party or have a low-key, spooky pizza night at home. It’s so simple to recreate, but it delivers the festive Halloween spirit.
Scroll down to see the easy step-by-step directions. Feel free to let this recipe inspire you to come up with your own Halloween pizza ideas, too!
Tip 1: Use a cookie cutter for the red pepper fingertips
To make the witches’ fingertips, lay the red pepper flat on the cutting board. Then puncture the inside of the pepper with the oval cutter. Then, push the pepper up through the cutter. This will help create a clean edge. Watch my recipe video for a better visual.
Tip 2: Use chopsticks to divide your pizza
My pizza hack is to use chopsticks to divide the pizza into quarters. Then you can easily visualize where to place the eight witch fingers on the pizza. Remember to remove the chopsticks before your Halloween pizza hits the oven!
- A premade, frozen cheese pizza is my secret for keeping this Halloween pizza recipe quick and easy. Using fresh veggie toppings gives it a healthier makeover. If you’d prefer, you can make your own pizza to use as a base. Using a store bought or homemade crust, add red sauce and mozzarella or your choice of cheese and bake it with the toppings.
- One green pepper becomes the witch’s spooky green finger. I sliced mine into thick strips to mimic the shape of a finger.
- One red pepper becomes the witch’s fingertips. I punched mine out into oval shapes that were slightly larger than the olives.
- Black olives become the witch’s fingernails. They add a wonderful flavor and an eerie finishing touch!
- To get the perfect oval shape for the fingertips, I cut out the red pepper with an oval shaped cookie cutter from this Ateco set. If you already have a cookie cutter that will work for the job, go ahead and use that! In a pinch, you can cut the red pepper with a sharp knife instead.
- Chopsticks always come in handy in my kitchen, and I used mine to divide this pizza into 4 quarters before adding my toppings. This way, you can get a better sense of how to space out your witch’s fingers.
- Green pepper: If your family isn’t a fan of green peppers, you could substitute strips of zucchini or a similar green vegetable. You want to use a veggie that is thick enough to look like fingers. It should also have a similar baking time so that the pizza doesn’t burn before the veggies are cooked.
- Red pepper: Tomato slices, pepperoni, and salami are a few great substitutes for the red pepper in this Halloween pizza recipe. Simply cut an oval shape out of your substitute topping.
- Black olives: Olives are a polarizing food, so don’t fret if your picky eaters aren’t fans. If you don’t want to add them, feel free to leave them out.
Who sells Halloween pizza?
I’ve heard of a few chain pizza restaurants that sell Halloween-themed pizzas during October, but I always prefer to make my own. It’s less expensive, and I had much more fun coming up with my own Halloween pizza ideas!
How do you make Halloween pizza?
Thanks to a few creative toppings, you can give any pizza a festive Halloween makeover! Keep reading to see how I created our spooky meal.
Watch my recipe video
Need more pointers on how to assemble your Halloween pizza masterpiece? Check out my recipe video below!
Try these recipes too!
- Fill your Halloween buffet table with my entire collection of Halloween recipes
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches disguised as ghosts
- Whip up this vegetarian Halloween pizza. It’s covered in Witch fingers. Ewww!
- Make candy apples using a simple kit. Bite into a thin, crispy layer of candy.
- Chocolate brownie haunted house topped with shaved almond roof shingles.
Subscribe to Chewable Structures
*** All products purchased by me. Please note that all my links should be considered affiliate links, which helps support this content. Thanks for your support!
4-Ingredient Halloween Pizza Recipe
- 1 premade frozen cheese pizza
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 black olives (whole and pitted)
Preheat the oven and prep the vegetables
- Preheat the oven according to the instructions for your premade frozen cheese pizza.
- Wash and dry the red and green peppers. Remove the stem. Cut each pepper in half and remove the seeds. Set aside.
Carve the finger sections
- Finger: cut the green pepper into 8 long rectangular strips. Trim the ends of each strip so all 8 pieces are roughly the same size. Watch my recipe video if you’re confused.
- Finger tip: punch the red pepper using a small oval shaped cookie cutter. (See equipment notes above. The oval shape should be slightly larger than the olive)
- Fingernail: Cut 4 whole black olives lengthwise so you now have 8 halves.
Add fingers to the frozen pizza
- Place chopsticks in a cross section on the pizza so there are 4 equal sections.
- Add the green pepper strip (finger), red pepper oval (finger tip), and black olive (fingernail) to the pizza.
Bake the pizza
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake according to the instructions of the premade frozen cheese pizza.
- Remove pizza from the oven and let cool. Cut the pizza into 8 slices. Plate and serve immediately.