Building a LEGO pyramid is fun. Devouring a pyramid made of DIY stackable gummy LEGO is better. If you’re looking for a kid friendly recipe or fun food crafts to make at home, look no further. If you know how to make JELL-O, then you’re well on your way to making this easy gummy LEGO recipe. All you need is the 50 Cavity Building Block Candy Mold by The Modern Gummy and a few other ingredients. Also, if you want an adult twist, you can tweak the recipe to include clear vodka or clear rum.
I also love to give stackable gummy LEGO bricks away as birthday and holiday gifts. Edible gifts are the best! Whether it’s a kid or an adult, their eyes always light up. Plus, if you refrigerate the gummy LEGO bricks in an airtight container they’ll last for around two weeks. This also means that you can make the bricks ahead of time, then wrap them up when you’re ready to give them as gifts.
It’s a lot of fun to make gummy JELL-O bricks. Check out the fun video tutorial I made so that you can see it in action. After all, why cook when you can build your food! It’s time to build.
The Modern Gummy building block candy mold comes with a small eyedropper, but to speed things up I bought a plastic squeeze dispensing bottle. I like the bottle instead because it holds tons more liquid than the tiny eyedropper. This way you don’t have to waste time constantly refilling the eyedropper.
Here’s a list of some of the items I’m using: (*affiliate links)
Here are some helpful tips:
- Spray vegetable oil on the mold before adding the gummy mixture.
- You only have a few minutes to get the liquid mixture into the candy mold before it firms up. If the mixture hardens, just add it back to a pot and melt it on low heat.
- When you put the lid on the mold, make sure “The Modern Gummy” mold on the base and lid line up first.
- Press down on the mold to squeeze out any excess liquid. This will help form evenly shaped blocks.
- If there’s extra gummy candy along the edges of the bricks, use a sharp knife to cut it off.
- Regarding preparation time. It only takes around 15 minutes to make the gummy liquid, but it needs to set in the fridge for at least one hour. Depending on how large your pyramid is and how many molds you have, it’ll take at least one hour and 15 minutes to build. As a benchmark, I’m using two of The Modern Gummy molds and it takes around 6 hours (including refrigeration time) to build a five-flavor pyramid, which I call a “Party Pyramid.”
Thanks for building with me! Remember to SUBSCRIBE to watch more Chewable Structures videos, like this American flag made of DIY stackable gummy LEGO, this watermelon fruit train, and how to make Eiffel Tower using fresh blueberries. Yum!
* All products purchased by me. Please note that all my links should be considered affiliate links, which help support this content. Thanks for your support!
- 5 cups warm water
- 2.5 cups corn syrup (clear)
- 20 packets Knox gelatin
- 6 oz strawberry JELL-O mix
- 6 oz berry blue JELL-O mix
- 6 oz pineapple JELL-O mix
- 6 oz lime JELL-O mix
- 6 oz orange JELL-O mix
- Watch video instructions (https://youtu.be/1YlaWBmtplY)
- Spray base and lid of The Modern Gummy candy mold with vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup corn syrup, and 4 packets of Knoxx gelatin. Whisk until combined.
- Pour mixture into a small pot. Heat up mixture over medium to low heat. Add strawberry JELL-O powder. Whisk together for a few minutes until combined.
- Pour mixture into a bowl. Let cool 2 minutes. Remove top foam with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the plastic dispensing bottle and fill each brick in The Modern Gummy mold. (see blog post for product links). Instead of the plastic bottles, you can also use the eyedropper that comes with The Modern Gummy candy mold, but it'll take longer.
- Use the eyedropper to suck out any bubbles on top of the bricks.
- Line up The Modern Gummy logo on the base and the lid, then place lid on top.
- Push down on the top lid to squeeze out any extra liquid.
- Place gummy mold in fridge. Let set for 1 hour.
- Pop gummies out.
- If the bricks have extra gummy along the edges, use a sharp knife to cut the edges.
- Repeat above steps for the berry blue, pineapple, lime and orange JELL-O flavors.
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Put parchment paper on cookie tray.
- Stack each gummy block to form a pyramid.
Regarding preparation time. It only takes around 15 minutes to make the gummy liquid, but it needs to set in the fridge for at least one hour. Depending on how large your pyramid is and how many molds you have, it'll take at least one hour and 15 minutes to build. As a benchmark, I'm using two of The Modern Gummy molds and it takes around 6 hours (including refrigeration time) to build a five-flavor pyramid, which I call a "Party Pyramid."