Happy Easter! Today, I’m showing you how to make individual chocolate covered pretzels shaped like a bird’s nest. This is a great tutorial showing how to make food art for kids. I’m using Reese’s Pieces eggs, chocolate covered pretzels, cotton candy, and Peeps. You can see how fun and easy it is to build individual chocolate bird’s nests for your guests by watching my video tutorial above.
Here’s a list of some items you’ll need:
Watch my fun video tutorial below:
*** All products purchased by me. Please note that all my links should be considered affiliate links, which helps support this content. Thanks for your support!
- 12 Resse’s Pieces eggs
- 4 Peeps
- 1.5 cups milk chocolate chips (Nestle Tollhouse)
- 3 cups pretzel sticks broken in half (Snyder’s of Hanovers)
- 1 container of Hammond’s cotton candy
- Watch video instructions: https://youtu.be/OIKsbbO334g
- Break pretzels in half.
- In a small pot, simmer water on low. Place chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl. Place bowl on top of pot. Stir for a few minutes until chocolate is melted.
- Add the pretzels to the melted chocolate. Mix until pretzels are coated in chocolate.
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Place 2 tablespoons of the chocolate pretzel mix on the tray. Use fingers to shape the sticks until it resembles a bird’s nest. Repeat this step three more times.
- Let nests cool in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove nests from fridge.
- It’s time to decorate. Place small sections of the cotton candy inside the nest. Add Peeps and chocolate eggs. Enjoy!