Are you looking for a Mother’s Day Dessert Idea? Look no further. This chocolate cake garden topped with strawberry roses is kid friendly and fun to make. When I was a kid, my mom loved finding new desserts to make at home and she loved gardening, so this chocolate garden I thought this would be a wonderful Mother’s Day gift idea. To see how fun and easy it is to build this chocolate garden, watch my video tutorial above.
Here’s a list of some of the items you’ll need:
Watch my video tutorial below and start celebrating Mother’s Day!
I want to spend as much time as I can with my mom, so to speed things up a bit I’m using Betty Crocker’s Devil’s Food chocolate cake mix and chocolate icing.
*** All products purchased by me. Please note that all my links should be considered affiliate links, which helps support this content. Thanks for your support!
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (Betty Crocker)
- 2 containers of chocolate icing (Betty Crocker)
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 20-25 pretzel rods
- 10 strawberries
- 10 skewers
- 20-25 green grapes
- Watch the video instructions: https://youtu.be/jn5Eyc5iS7c
- Make a 13” x 9” chocolate cake according to the instructions on the box. Let it cool.
- In the meantime, slide 2-3 green grapes on a skewer. Slide on the strawberry and carve the strawberry petals (watch the YouTube video above for instructions). Add a blueberry on top. Repeat this step for 9 more strawberry roses.
- Use the pretzel rod to measure how much chocolate cake goes inside the planter box.
- Use icing in between the layers and to cover the outside.
- Stack the pretzel rods vertically along the sides of the cake (do not stack pretzel rods on the top surface).
- Place the OREO cookies in a bag. Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies. Add cookie chunks to the top of the cake.
- Add the strawberry roses to the top of the cake.
Mother’s Day Dessert Ideas (Chocolate Garden & Strawberry Roses)