Transform crunchy homemade Christmas rice krispie treats into a snowy house! It only takes 30 minutes to assemble and decorate with your favorite candies. Keep reading to find out what special tools I’m using so that you can build this house super fast! Now you don’t have to spend 2 days making a gingerbread house!
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW to see a time-lapse of how to assemble the house.
Tips On How To Make Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
Tip 1: Put Butter On Everything!
Spread a thin layer of butter on your parchment lined baking pan, wooden spatula, and cookie cutter. This will help prevent the gooey, delicious marshmallow mixture from sticking to everything.
Tip 2: Stir Slowly
Slowing stir together the marshmallows and butter until all the lumps are melted. It should take 2-3 minutes.
Tip 3: Use Your Fingers To Lightly Flatten
If you like biting into a fluffy, crunchy rice krispie treat then use your fingers to press the rice kripie treats into the pan. Plus, it’s easier to use your fingers to mold the rice krispie into the corners of the pan. Try to flatten the top so it’s level.
Tip 4: Quickly Cut The Houses
While your rice krispie treats are slightly warm when you touch them, quickly cut the house patterns. I’m using this house cookie cutter. You can find this cookie cutter on Amazon or at Sur La Table
Tip 5: Let It Cool Down For a Few Minutes
After you transfer the houses to a baking sheet, let it cool for a few minutes before you stack them vertically to create the house. This extra step allows the marshmallow to harden so the rice krispie treat house maintains its shape when stacked vertically.
Ingredients To Make Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
- Mini marshmallows
- Vanilla extract
- Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal (Amazon)
Tools To Assemble The House
- House Cookie Cutter (Amazon)
- Small knife
Ingredients To Decorate The House
- Wilton sparkle gel, black (Amazon)
- Wilton sparkle gel, red (Amazon)
- Mint M&Ms (Amazon)
- pretzels squares
- coconut flakes
- red licorice
More Edible Houses To Build
- Family Guy House Made of Caramel Popcorn
- Haunted House Chocolate Brownie With Shaved Almond Roof Shingles
More Rice Krispie Treats
* All products purchased by me. Please note that all my links should be considered affiliate links, which help support this content. Thanks for your support!
Christmas Rice Krispie Treats: Snowy House
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Kellogg Rice Krispies Cereal
- Wilton edible black sparkle gel
- Wilton edible red sparkle gel
- red licorice
- square pretzels
- Coconut flakes
How To Make Rice Krispie Treats
- To see how the rice krispie treats are made from scratch, watch my Halloween Rice Krispie Treats video: https://youtu.be/gSjRsH3khmo
- To see how to build this Christmas Rice Krispie Treats House, watch: https://youtu.be/Fjn6EM_JLq0
- Line a 9”x13” pan with parchment paper. Spread a thin layer of butter on the parchment paper, wooden spatula, and cookie cutter. (This will prevent the marshmallow mixture from sticking to everything.)
- On low heat, melt butter in a large pot and add the marshmallows.
- To prevent burning, be patient and slowly stir the marshmallow mixture until it’s completely melted. This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla to mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the rice krispies to the pot. Using a wooden spatula, stir until the rice krispies are coated in the delicious marshmallow mixture. Turn off the heat.
- Immediately transfer mixture to the pan lined with parchment paper.
- Let cool for 1 minute. Using your hands, lightly flatten the rice krispie mixture so that the surface is level. (Note: Do not press too hard, otherwise your rice krispies won’t be light and fluffy) Let cool for 2 minutes.
- 10. While the rice krispie treats are still slightly warm, cut 12 houses using a 3.5” house cookie cutter (see notes for the cookie cutter link). Transfer to another baking sheet to fully cool (around 20 minutes).
How To Assemble The House
- Using a sharp knife cut off the chimney so the roof is flat.
- Vertically stack 4 houses together and use 2 toothpicks to secure them together.
- For the roof: Pipe the red edible sparkle gel on top of the roof. Cut red licorice to the length of the roof. Add licorice to the roof. Press down on the licorice roof until it sticks (around 20 seconds).
- For the door: Pipe the backside of a pretzel with black edible sparkle gel. Add the pretzel to the house. Hold the pretzel in place for 20 seconds or until the gel drys.
- Using red sparkle gel, pipe red lines near the cleaver to mimic blood.
- House cookie cutter (Amazon)